Monday 22 December 2014

Asparagus, Pea and Pesto Lasagne

The other half is going to visit family tomorrow so I wanted to make him something nice for our last evening together before Christmas; however, at this time of year, isn't everyone manically busy? All I can think about is wrapping paper, waking at night in a blind panic about presents I haven't bought. So, I needed something extremely quick.

He loves lasagne, and so I decided to make one. When I thought through what makes a lasagne time consuming, I realised it's the prep before it goes in the oven. Even in my Veggie Butternut Squash Lasagne the veg needs roasting in the oven first.

With this lasagne, the filling simply gets mixed together; you layer it up and top it with goats' cheese then throw it in the oven. What could be easier? Not much of a looker but boy is it tasty!



Asparagus, Pea and Pesto Lasagne
250g fresh lasagne sheets
1 onion
150g asparagus spears
100g frozen peas
140g green pesto
400g half fat creme fraiche
300g goats' cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Finely chop the onion and cut the asparagus into inch pieces. Mix together the onion, asparagus, peas (bash them up so that they're not stuck together), pesto and creme fraiche in a large bowl.
3. In a large oven proof dish, layer lasagne, asparagus mix, lasagne, asparagus mix, lasagne. Spread the goats' cheese over the top layer of lasagne.
4. Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes and it's done!

Check these links out:



No comments:

Post a Comment